Ready, Set, GO!
Now that you're ready to get that project done, here's what to do. Follow the checklists below to prepare your quilt tops and shirts to ensure everything is ready for me to create something beautiful for you.
Longarm Quilting Services (tips to prepare your quilt)
- Press completed quilt top
- Square up quilt top to ensure it is as straight as possible (do this by measuring diagonally from corner to corner). Don't worry, it is extremely difficult to have a perfectly square quilt so this is not a requirement but just guideline.
- Clip all loose threads
- Mark the top of the quilt (with tape or pins)
- Fold quilt top on the bias to reduce wrinkles in transport.
- Choose and prepare backing (must be 4" larger on all sides of the quilt top; example: if your finished quilt top measures 50" x 70" then backing should measure 58" x 78")
- Batting (again this must be 4" larger on ALL sides of quilt top if you are providing your own). I stock Warm & Natural 87.5% Cotton batting. Choose this option on the book a quilt form and I will cut it to size. For quilts larger than 90" width, I can join the batting with an invisible seam. (Note: I do not recommend sending me Polyester batting as it is difficult to work with and shifts easily while quilting and cause poor quality results. A surcharge may apply if you wish to send this type of batting for your quilt.)
- Fill out Book a Quilt Form
Quilts can be dropped off at my home (6105 Road 26W) OR at Road 17N Quilt shop (1675 Diamond Dr.,Winkler, MB)
- Wash shirts and fold neatly. Press any shirts that crease easily.
- Decide what options you want for layout, layers and/or quilting.
- Fill out Order Form
Shirts can be dropped off at my home (6105 Road 26W) or we can arrange to meet in Winkler or Morden, contact me for more details.